Saturday, February 23, 2008

Surfing in Santa Teresa!




My blog entries have been rather sporadic since being on the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica. Internet connection has been painstakingly slow and I´m being charged by the minute.

I love my new camera! It has been fun playing with the settings and taking lots of digital macro photos of flowers and people. I haven´t been taking too many pictures since I arrived at the coast because it is extremely dusty.

I think that there is a possibility of going to Brazil. Our friend Aaron is in Buenos Aires, Argentina right now and wants us to beach-hop along the coast to Rio to meet some other friends. There would be five of us traveling for a little while, which sounds like fun. Here in Costa Rica it seems like a lot of people travel in groups and it makes me wish I had some friends with me too! However, I do like solitary travel once in awhile.

I hear it is stormy in Santa Rosa. It rained really hard last night but we have lots of sunshine today! I´m in Santa Teresa now, which is a popular surf spot. Surfing is harder than I thought but I'm definitely enthusiastic about it! Uncle Drew has always sparked my curiosity in surf culture. In my opinion, Nosara has been the best place to be a newbie surfer. The swells are just right, uncrowded beaches, some good surf schools, and the locals are very laid back.

No comments: