Monday, February 25, 2008

Message from Montezuma, Costa Rica






(In answer to a question from "Dad":) No, I am not going to buy land in Costa Rica! It is way too touristy here and expensive too. I don´t feel a connection with the country although the mountains and jungles (around Lake Arenal) were superbly scenic.

We are staying in Montezuma right now and will go on a hike to the waterfalls shortly. Tomorrow, we´re headed to Manuel Antonio National Park before returning the car rental to San Jose. We´re thinking about going up to Nicaragua for a week instead of spending our last week in Costa Rica. We have to be on the Bay Islands (Honduras) by March 6th to allow 4-5 days for me to become scuba-certified.

In Nosara, I met a woman who ran a small cafe. She made her own ice cream, which to me, tasted more like gelato. I ordered a ¨Coffee to Wake the Dead¨ with homemade waffle cone and it was heavenly! She went to culinary school in France. I think I´ll look into that just out of curiosity.

I would love to do some solo travel too. I will get my chance in Argentina when I visit Valeria.

The night sky here is beautiful. The stars shine more brightly. Yes, I did see the lunar eclipse! Pretty cool!

1 comment:

timtraveler said...

Great shots, Jess! (Did the iguana end up as part of the meal?)

Wow - I never saw that part of Costa Rica!

Love,

Dad